Thursday, December 20, 2012

Priorities & Merry Christmas!

It's hard to believe Christmas is less than a week away!  I am ashamed to admit I have LOTS of Christmas shopping left.  Yes, it's been one of those years.  Behind.  On. Everything.  But I'm actually learning to be okay with that.  NO, I don't want it to be my new norm, but God has given us a new stage of life to walk.  The past few weeks have been filled to the brim with numerous doctor appointments, therapy, piano students, extra meetings, etc.  But in the midst of that, I feel like I want to just take every extra moment and spent time with the family.  Last night it was a board game.  I could've shopped last night, but we needed this time.  I'm learning that busy for me is the way it has to be right now, to pay the bills.  I've accepted that, but I'm learning to also be aware of the precious moments we do get, however short, and to make the most of them.  There you go, maybe that's my lesson I learned in 2012.  I'm far from getting it right and spending my time wisely, but I'm trying!  And don't worry - my kids will get gifts!  Saturday is my day to shop.  My list is already made.  Now if I could enlist help with the last minute wrapping!
 
I pray you have a wonderful Christmas.  Enjoy your days with family & friends, celebrating our Savior & his immense love for you!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment